Day...who the hell really knows.

Here we are....Day who the hell really knows.

This new "quarantined life" started about 3 weeks ago, in the midst of Spring Break, and has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Things are pretty much constantly changing, and for how long?...it's anybody's guess at this point.

As a current graduate student in the social work and mental health world, this is it. This is what we study. This is what we learn about so that we can help people cope, help people grow, and help guide people on whatever path it is they are traveling. However, I'm not sure any of us - or anyone else - was really prepared to understand or know how to manage the effects from COVID-19 and a quarantined life. How could we?

Last week, in Assessment we were given a new assignment to hold us over for the remainder of the semester. To journal.
Our thoughts.
Our experiences.
Our fears.
Our joys.
Just. Write. It. Down.
Keep track of what is happening around us.
Because it is big. And new. And scary. And life altering.

I decided that just maybe it was a sign to grab my camera and start my own photo journal. There hasn't been much time for that in the recent months (who I am kidding....year), so it all seemed very fitting. Plus, it was a New Year's Resolution. 2020 was to be about moving through the year with purpose, positivity and pictures. Little did I know what that was going to actually mean.

I can't promise it will all be positive. I can't promise it will be every day. I can't promise it will mean much to anyone but myself. But in MoeCakes fashion, I can promise there will be pictures.

Welcome (back) to The Art of Daily Quarantined Life.




"Social Distancing in a Nutshell"

Comments

Popular Posts